Are you happy? I mean TRULY happy. How do we even know when we reach this point in our life? Many of us spend years of our lives going through the motions, living the life others have told us we should live, following a path that was chosen for us. And why?
Because we don’t even realize there is another choice.
As humans, we require some purpose in our life. It’s what propels us forward. It’s what gives us a reason to wake in the morning. It’s the driving force behind our soul’s happiness. To find true peace and happiness in life, you need to find your purpose and then take steps to live that purpose each and every day. We hunger for meaning in our lives and finding your purpose can help you uncover that meaning and then live it every day.
Once you find it, most people discover they are on fire for it! It’s like a spiritual revival. You are reborn, and you want to tell everyone about it. For some people, the changes are subtler. You know you are different on the inside, but you may not be showing it on the outside. Maybe you feel that little niggle down deep inside and you know things are different, but you can’t quite put your finger on what it means. It could be you are steering your ship of life in the direction of your true purpose without even realizing it.
When are living a life aligned with our goals and our gifts, we see things in our life start to shift. Your relationships with other people will change (and some relationships might run their course). You will see that you are drawn in new directions and you may not get the same enjoyment from the same things you did before. How can you recognize if you are starting to live your true purpose? It’s different for different people, but here are some good indicators.
Here are 8 signs you are living your true purpose in life:
- Work brings you joy – When the work that you do brings you true joy, rather than dread or feeling like it’s sucking the life out of you, then you may be living your true purpose in life. This is a sure sign you are on the right path.
- You no longer doubt yourself – When you are truly aligned with your purpose in life, there will be no more doubts. You will just KNOW it. It will feel so real and right, that you will no longer have doubts about if you’re doing the right thing.
- You’re not hiding any part of who you are – Sometimes we hide certain parts of us from the rest of the world. Maybe it’s because you don’t feel completely confident in who you are yet. Maybe you’re afraid of what people will say or do. When you are living an authentic life, you have nothing more to hide. You’ll want to shout it from the rooftops!
- Clients are seeking you – When you’re in alignment with your true purpose, you won’t have to chase clients anymore. In fact, they’ll be finding their way to you. You will put out the true joy that only comes with living in alignment with your true purpose and the perfect, soulmate clients will be attracted to that.
- You are DONE playing small – Go big or go home! You know what you want and you’re going after it full force. When you dream big and take BIG action steps to reach those dreams, it may be a sign that you are finally living for your true purpose in life.
- You no longer seek approval from those around you – You don’t need others to validate who you are and what you do because you already know in your heart you’re doing the right thing. There is a FREEDOM that comes from shedding the need for approval from others.
- You no longer fear change – Change is exciting because it means you are following the natural shifts that your soul is leading you to. Change means no more being stuck in a rut. Change means going after what you want and enjoying every minute of it. When change no longer scares you, then you may be on the path to your true purpose.
- You invest in yourself – This doesn’t always mean financially, although it includes that, too. When you know that what you’re doing is right, you’re going to invest in it. That means investing into yourself and your future. You will feel good about doing things that help you live your true purpose because through that, you will help others and improve the greater good of all.
If you see these signs in your life, then you may already be on the right track for living your true purpose in life, but you don’t have to stop there. Keep growing, keep learning, and keep living your unique story. You have so many great gifts to offer the world!